Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Healthy Breakfast Ideas


 This summer I've decided to be a little more healthy. I started to go for a run at least three times a week and do pilates workouts (mainly "blogilates" from Youtube) almost every morning. 
I wouldn't say I haven't been healthy before. I've always loved fruit and vegetables. This also comes from me not eating meat since I was about 10. But only recently I started actually paying attention to how much I eat and what the ingredients are. I try to make my food at home as often as I can. 

Unfortunately like everyone else, I'm often in town grabbing a bite on my way to a lecture or meeting a friend. In addition to that me and my boyfriend love going out for a dinner meal, which often entices me to order a huge pizza or a delicious looking burger. It's so hard, when the selection on food and variety is big. Often the 'bad food' just seems more tempting than the healthy one. 

BUT I do believe you can set your mind around. For example I used to always eat a little treat after dinner. Something like a tiny chocolate bar or a mini ice cream. Since last year I finally stopped sneaking in sweet deserts or treats. Now I honestly don't crave them anymore. Sometimes a vanilla pudding may look tempting but in my mind I know I've already had enough and don't really need it. 
I'm not saying I never allow myself to have a goodie now and then. No, I just keep it for a special occasion now and then. 

To be honest, I only really got inspired to become more healthy from reading blogposts, scrolling through pictures from delicious food on interest and seeing peoples workout plans on instagram. Somehow it is really motivating to follow others way of living life, including fitness and natural healthy food into their daily life. 

So to start of I thought I'll maybe do a little series of healthy lifestyle. Beginning with food! (yet!)
To me, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and also my favorite. If I have a great delicious breakfast I feel motivated and super pumped starting the day. So here they are three simple, quick and easy breakfast ideas, which you can easily make at home. 

I really hope you like them, and if you do try them out - let me know about it! :)


1. Yogurt Fruit Bowl

- 25g clear yogurt
- 1 Banana
- 1 Kiwi
- Red Currant
- Honey 


My absolute favorite breakfast of all time. It's so simple yet extremely tasty! All you will need is a clear yogurt of any kind. Some prefer greek yogurt, but I usually use just a standard one. And of course you need fruit of any kind. Be creative, change it up once in a while so it doesn't get boring. I almost always use a banana, only because I love it and it gives the yogurt a bit of a unique sweetness. This morning I used in addition to that a Kiwi and red currants, of which I really prefer the sourness it gives the breakfast meal. On top of  - a little spitz of honey and you are ready to go! Enjoy! 


2. Green Homemade Juice / Smoothie

- 1 Apple
- 1 Banana 
- 1 Kiwi
- A little bit of spinach
- red currant
- Orange Juice
- Water



I'm a total newbie with making juices and smoothies. Unfortunately I don't have a juicer at home, so I use a mixing wand, which actually works totally fine for me. 
The banana again, gives the smoothie a lovely sweetness. As well as the apple. The spinach of course seems a little out of the whole fruit concept. But it consists of a lot of good things, which your body will thank you for, I'm sure!  
Also you don't really even taste it much, because the banana already has a very overwhelming but delicious taste. I'd advice you to add Orange Juice and Water to it, so it won't get that thick and sticky consistency. 
At last, all you need to do is poor the juice in a glass, add a straw and you can start your day feeling fruity and refreshed ;)



3. Cream Cheese - Tomato Bread with a Soft Boiled Egg

- 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- Cream Cheese
- Chives
- 1 Tomato 
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Egg



This breakfast meal is quite simple, quick and very easy. Perfect if you are on the go. The only thing that may take a little time is cutting the chives. In almost every supermarket you can easily buy already prepared ones, which saves you a little bit of extra effort in the morning.
I sometimes boil myself an egg in addition to the bread when I know I'm going to have a long day. So the egg and the wholemeal bread usually keep me full till lunch time. 


That's it for now. I hope you liked my breakfast ideas, which may be al little different to yours. Maybe you even get a tiny bit inspired for variation on your breakfast next morning. 
Hope you enjoyed it, see you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment